COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PARENT RESOURCE
This page will be updated regularly with the latest news, information and content regarding St Theresa School's campus as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Handbook Addendum Section 9- Pandemic Policies and Distance Learning
Updated 7/23/2020 Containment #7
Updated 8/4/2020 Social Distancing #3 Containment #8
Updated 10/2/2020 Social Distancing #4, Distance Learning #7 Containment #4 , #7, #8
Updated 11/17/2020 Social Distancing #8, Containment #8
St. Theresa School Pandemic Addendum to Handbook
All STS pandemic policies are based on CDC and Department of Health Guidelines. Policies are subject to change. Families will be notified through School Speak of any updates to pandemic policies.
Information listed below has been updated on 11/17/20
Cleaning and Disinfection
1. STS facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily by ServiceMaster.
2. High touch surfaces in classrooms/ offices are disinfected throughout the day by teachers/office staff. 3. High touch surfaces on lanai, bathrooms, and school yard are disinfected at the start of the day and after each recess by our maintenance worker.
4. Hand sanitizer is available in 4 outdoor areas on campus, in each classroom, and in the office.
1. A separate Preschool Entrance will be utilized on the west end of the lanai. Preschool families will enter and exit ONLY from that area. No congregating will be permitted and check in/out procedures are delineated by classroom teachers.
2. Parking Lot drop off is a DRIVE THROUGH ONLY for grades TK-3. Grade 4-8 DRIVE THROUGH drop is behind office building. Parents/families must not park and walk onto campus from the west
entrance. Temperatures will be checked at cars before learners enter campus.
3. Parents are asked to adhere to the following areas for after school pick up. Discuss and plan where the pick- up spot will be with your learners.
Park and wait areas: On Kaumualii Hwy facing playground .
In church parking lot behind church (Elepaio Rd entrance) This lot will be assigned to specific
4. Parents must sign in to the office when entering campus for ANY reason. Anyone entering the campus must
park behind the church and walk in to the school office. It is recommended to call the office before entering.
5. Recess and Lunch times will be staggered to facilitate small groups on the playground. Outdoor lunch areas will be designated for each class.
6. Teachers will provide for 6ft social distancing in classrooms as much as is possible. Sneeze guards are installed in classes unable to provide 6ft between desks.
7. Classes will be self-contained. Learners will not rotate through shared classrooms. Learners will work in consistent pods within the classroom, limiting whole class close contact as much as possible.
8. Learners 5 years old and over will wear protective face masks/shields in the classroom. They are allowed to remove it breather walks. Teachers will schedule breather walks throughout the day to give learners the opportunity to remove masks. Face shields are not a substitute for masks, but may be worn with masks.
9. Teachers, staff, and visitors will wear face masks at all times.
1. Classroom supplies will not be shared. Each learner will keep all supplies at their desk to reduce high touch areas.
2. Temperatures will be taken and recorded at the beginning of each school day. Learners with a temperature of 99.9 will have family notified. Learners with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be sent to the office health room and family will be instructed to pick up immediately. Learners may not be admitted back to school until they have been fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT use of fever reducing medication, and are displaying no other symptoms of illness.
3. Teachers and staff will record temperatures daily in the office. Workers with a temperature of 99.9 or higher will be sent home.
4. STS will not hold field trips that require transportation during the first semester of the year. This will be extended based on the pandemic situation. This policy will be reviewed during Winter Break.
5. STS will employ limited support staff to ensure limited outside contact.
6. STS will offer as many outdoor learning areas as possible to lessen high touch areas. STS will incorporate any procedures that it sees fit to provide for the health and safety of our staff and learners as pandemic situation updates arise.
7. MAINLAND TRAVEL BY LEARNER: Travel outside of the state must be followed by a 14 day quarantine. Recreational travel is not recommended while school is in session.*
MAINLAND TRAVEL BY LEARNER’S HOUSEHOLD MEMBER: If the family member of a learner or staff is in quarantine due to necessary travel and resides in the same household, the learner/staff may attend school as normal. The traveler should make every effort to avoid contact with household members. Monitor the health of all household members.
8. INTERISLAND TRAVEL BY LEARNER: Interisland travel by a learner must be followed by a 14 day quarantine.
*STS will not accept a negative COVID test as grounds to return to school after mainland or interisland travel. **State mandated 14 day self-quarantine will override the 5 day “peace of mind” waiting period.
Response to Illness
1. A learner/staff member tests positive for COVID 19. The Department of Health is notified immediately and contact tracing begins. DOH will work with school administration to notify the school community of the situation. Confidentiality will be protected by STS and DOH.
2. A household member or close contact of a learner/staff tests positive for COVID 19. The learner/staff will remain off campus for 14 days. The affected household member should not be in isolation in the same quarantine area as the learner/staff.
3. A learner/staff with a temperature of 100.4 is required to bring in a doctor’s clearance note to reenter school campus after they are fever free for 24 hours without fever suppressing medication.
4. School will consult the Department of Health, Disease Investigation Branch in all decisions related to infection control.
5. If any learner displays symptoms of influenza like illness, that learner will be sent home and all persons in the affected classroom are transferred to a clean room until the room is thoroughly disinfected.
1. IF the government issues a Stay at Home order, STS will transition to distance learning within 3 days. 2. Learners will be supplied with all learning materials for home use.
3. Teachers will utilize Google Classroom as a platform to deliver lessons. Lessons will consist
of: Pertinent learning objectives. The goal is to keep learning moving forward. Video meetings daily to keep contact with learners. Each teacher's meeting schedule will be published prior to distance learning launch. Requirement to log in and submit attendance daily. Work accountability. Turning in work and receiving grades is mandatory. Help sessions (video, and/or in person) will be made available.
4. Teachers will work full time during distance learning. 5. At home learning time will vary by grade level.
6. Tuition payments will remain on schedule. Tuition credits (scholarships) will remain applicable. Parents should contact the school as soon as possible if unable to meet tuition payments. Each situation will be handled individually.
7. Google classroom assignments will be available to learners in quarantine. This service does not constitute the full scope of distance learning. It is to provide assignments to the learners. Again, the distance learning program will be enacted fully only in the event of a Stay at Home order from the government.