COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PARENT RESOURCE
This page will be updated regularly with the latest news, information and content regarding St Theresa School's campus as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.
St. Theresa School Pandemic Addendum to Handbook
All STS pandemic policies are based on CDC and Department of Health Guidelines. Policies are subject to change. Families will be notified through School Speak of any updates to pandemic policies.
Cleaning and Disinfection
1. STS facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily by ServiceMaster.
2. High touch surfaces in classrooms and offices are disinfected throughout the day by teachers and office staff.
3. High touch surfaces on lanai, bathrooms, and school yard are disinfected at the start of the day and after each recess by our maintenance worker.
4. Hand sanitizer is available in 4 outdoor areas on campus, in each classroom, and in the office.
1. A separate Preschool Entrance will be utilized on the west end of the lanai. Preschool families will enter and exit ONLY from that area. No congregating will be permitted and check in/out procedures are delineated by classroom teachers.
2. Parking Lot drop off is a DRIVE THROUGH ONLY for grades TK-8. Parents/families must not park and walk onto campus from the west entrance. Temperatures will be checked at cars before learners enter campus.
3. Parents are asked to choose a pick up/meeting place for after school pick up. Discuss and plan where the pick-up spot will be with your learners.
Park and wait areas: In church parking lot behind church (Elepaio Rd entrance)
On Kaumualii Hwy facing playground
Drive Through areas: School parking lot Elepaio Rd school gate (next to school office)
4. Parents must sign in to the office when entering campus for ANY reason.
5. Recess and Lunch times will be staggered to facilitate small groups on the playground. Outdoor lunch areas will be designated for each class.
6. Teachers will provide for 6ft social distancing in classrooms as much as is possible. Sneeze guards are installed in classes unable to provide 6ft between desks.
7. Classes will be self-contained. Learners will not rotate through shared classrooms such as library, science room, STREAM room, etc. Learners will work in consistent pods within
the classroom, limiting whole class close contact as much as possible.
8. Learners 5 years old and over will wear protective face masks/shields in the classroom. They are allowed to remove it for outdoor play and breather walks. Teachers will schedule breather walks throughout the day to give learners the opportunity to remove masks. Parents may instruct their learners to keep masks on during recess or outdoor play if that is their family’s preference.
9. Teachers, staff, and visitors will wear face masks at all times.
1. Classroom supplies will not be shared. Each learner will keep all supplies at their desk to reduce high touch areas.
2. Temperatures will be taken and recorded at the beginning of each school day. Learners with a temperature of 99.9 will have family notified. Learners with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be sent to the office health room and family will be instructed to pick up immediately. Learners may not be admitted back to school until they have been fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT use of fever reducing medication, and are displaying no other symptoms of illness.
3. Teachers and staff will record temperatures daily in the office. Workers with a temperature of 99.9 or higher will be sent home.
4. STS will not hold field trips that require transportation during the first quarter of the year. This will be extended based on the pandemic situation.
5. STS will employ limited support staff (aides and specific subject teachers) during the first quarter to ensure limited outside contact.
6. STS will offer as many outdoor learning areas as possible to lessen high touch areas. STS will incorporate any procedures that it sees fit to provide for the health and safety of our staff and learners as pandemic situation updates arise.
Response to Illness
1. A learner/staff member tests positive for COVID 19. The Department of Health is notified immediately and contact tracing begins. DOH will work with school administration to notify the school community of the situation. Confidentiality will be protected by STS and DOH.
2. A household member or close contact of a learner/staff tests positive for COVID 19. The learner/staff will remain off campus for 14 days. The affected household member
should not be in isolation in the same quarantine area as the learner/staff.
3. A learner/staff with a temperature of 100.4 is required to bring in a doctor’s clearance note to reenter school campus after they are fever free for 24 hours without fever suppressing medication.
4. School will consult the Department of Health, Disease Investigation Branch in all decisions related to infection control.
5. If any learner displays symptoms of influenza like illness, that learner will be sent home and all persons in the affected classroom are transferred to a clean room until the room is thoroughly disinfected.
1. IF the government issues a Stay at Home order, STS will transition to distance learning within 3 days.
2. Learners will be supplied with all learning materials for home use.
3. Teachers will utilize Google Classroom as a platform to deliver lessons. Lessons will consist of: Pertinent learning objectives. The goal is to keep learning moving forward. Video meetings daily to keep contact with learners. Each teacher's meeting schedule will be published prior to distance learning launch. Requirement to log in and submit attendance daily. Work accountability. Turning in work and receiving grades is mandatory. Attending help sessions. video, and/or in person help sessions will be made available.
4. Teachers will work full time during distance learning. 5. At home learning time will vary by grade level.
6. Tuition payments will remain on schedule. Tuition credits (scholarships) will remain applicable. Parents should contact the school as soon as possible if unable to meet tuition payments. Each situation will be handled individually.