ST. THERESA SCHOOL
Soaring Toward Success (STS): Spiritually, Academically, Physically and in service to our Community
Aloha and welcome to our school! Thank you for choosing St. Theresa School for your child’s education. We believe in the unlimited possibilities each school year holds for each learner, and we look forward to working with you!
St. Theresa School offers an educational program to students from PreK through grade eight. With a philosophy firmly founded in the Catholic faith and a belief in basic academics, the school welcomes students of any race, color, ethnic group or creed, with the understanding that the Catholic faith is taught and practiced as a daily part of the school life. The school strives to open a gateway to a better, more responsible future for students. St. Theresa School is a private, Catholic school that serves all of Kauai's keiki.
We believe that an excellent academic and moral education is a gateway to fulfilling a future for our students. We provide an atmosphere for growth as Catholic Christians in every aspect of our school.
The teachings of Jesus provide a direction for our school. Scripture tells us to love God with our whole heart, soul and all our strength and to love our neighbor as ourselves. Thus, our mission as educators calls us to develop our students hearts through nurturing personal development; their soul through instruction and modeling of faith and morals; and their strength of mind through a standards based academic program.
We lead them to love their neighbor through Catholic Social Teaching and engaging them in acts of community service. These experiences will help our students to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus our Teacher.
St. Theresa School believes that a partnership is necessary in fulfilling the responsibility of forming a child. We work with parents, parish and community to lead each child to his/her greatest potential.
In the light of the philosophy of St. Theresa School as a learning community we are committed to the following:
1. To instill in all students an appreciation of their human dignity as children of God.
2. To create an educational environment where staff, students, and parents experience community in striving to live the Gospel spirit.
3. To complement the efforts of parents in teaching basic values.
4. To develop the potential of all learners and accenting each persons individuality.
5. To give the children an appreciation of their intellectual, cultural and religious heritage, while inspiring good academic habits for their future.